Applying Morgan’s Metaphors explores how the eight metaphors that Morgan presents in Images of Organization are being used in a variety of contexts, particularly for research, practice, and organizational intervention. The text discusses timely topics such as leadership, entrepreneurship, collaboration, training, and development. In addition, the text uses the metaphor approach to break new ground and propose new metaphors for organizations today. Applying Morgan’s Metaphors also explores how metaphorical thinking can be used to manage and better understand organizational life.
• Promotes analysis, critical thinking, application, and implication of Morgan’s metaphors as developed in Images of Organizations
• Illustrates how Morgan’s metaphors from Images of Organization are being used in research, practice, and organizational intervention today
• Presents new innovations and developments in the application of Morgan’s metaphors, including new metaphors and ways of conceptualizing organizations
• Focuses on how metaphorical thinking can be applied in organizational contexts such as entrepreneurship, leadership, and collaboration
• Includes contributions by well-known experts in the study of metaphors and organizations: Gareth Morgan, Joep Cornelisen, Cliff Oswick, David Grant